Boo! Come out to “Social Friday.” On October 28 The Recyclery will meet at the shop to participate in Critical Mass. Dress yourself and your bike up in costume and join us for a fun ride. Chicago Critical Mass meets at Daley Plaza on the last Friday of EVERY month. People show up around 5 or 5:30p and the ride takes off after 6pm. The group slowly winds a dozen miles or more. All volunteers, patrons and everyone interested is welcome to ride with us. All the information you need to RSVP is here.
- Balaclava Making Bonanza! — Sunday, December 10th, 3:00 – 5:00 PM Come out of the cold and into the warmth to help us create a bundle of cozy fleece balaclavas! We will have all necessary materials on hand, but feel free to bring your own snazzy fleece/fabric, favorite scissors, or snacks to share, if you like. Most importantly, bring [...]
- 3rd Annual Tailwind for Tools Fun-draiser! — Our third annual Tailwind for Tools winter fundraiser is here! Last year we set a goal of $5000 and came very close to reaching it. We came in at $4,257.74, making it our most successful fundraiser yet.Thanks to the generosity of our friends, we were able to sponsor more youth rides, train more young adults, [...]
- Open House February 12th – Tailwind for Tools Finale — On Sunday, February 12th, we are opening the shop doors to our volunteers, partner organizations, friends, and neighbors for a time of fun and celebration. Great activities will be going all day long from 2 pm! We will request a $10 optional donation at the door but no one will be turned away. This event [...]
- You are invited: Open House Party, Sunday, January 31st! — Our fundraising campaign Tailwind For Tools is coming to an end. Thank you to everyone who contributed and if you haven’t yet, you still have a chance (click here to make a contribution)! We are hosting an open house party Sunday, January 31st. We will start at 2 pm and will stay open till 8 pm. Join [...]
- Polkaholics and Chicago Critical Mass at Red Line Tap, Jan 29th — The plan for this last Friday of January (29th) is to lead the Critical Mass ride to the Red Line Tap to see The Polkaholics play. The Polkaholics are a Chicago band that plays a high-speed collision of polka and rock ‘n roll! It’s an annual tradition for Critical Mass. Polkahlics are a hoot! We will [...]