We are hosting an open house party Sunday, January 31st. We will start at 2 pm and will stay open till 8 pm. Join us for activities throughout the day including bike-related crafts, silk screen printing (bring your own shirt or apron), light snacks, drinks and more!
- 2:0o pm – doors open
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm – repairing bikes for local kids (no prior bicycle mechanics knowledge necessary)
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm – History of Bicycle – presentation by Matt Ford
- 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm – Biking in the city? informal discussion, tips and insights
- 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm – documentary screening: American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs
- Ongoing craft station – bike part jewelry making, silk screen printing (bring your own shirt, apron, etc)
- Snacks and light refreshments
- Prize wheel
Families are welcome, youth under 18 must be accompanied by adult.
Suggested donation – $5
Donations are welcome throughout the event – online, cash, check, you name it 😉
All kale related foods generously donated by The Amazing Kale Burger. Their lunch counter is an all vegan cafe located on Howard street, serving up tasty, healthy, veggie filled burgers and re-imagined brunch favorites.
Thank you Caribbean American Bakery for donating cocktail patties! Caribbean American Bakery is the producer and reseller of the finest Jamaican Style baked products in the midwest.